Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDP-S590 flash update

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
JiffyUK
Visitor

Sony BDP-S590 flash update

Hello every one new to this so bare with me..

I have just bought a Bdp-S590 blu-ray with built in smart tv, great set up easy etc.

But one problem is the flash player on it is out of date? When i first set it up on the network it updated etc.

Thought great i can now play my you tube and groove shark playlists through my tv via  the sound bar instead of plugin speakers into my laptop.

But everytime it says flash player out of date,did use the you tube app thats on there but it only puts first 6 sound out of your playlist on :slight_frown:

Is is possible to update the flash player manually or will i have to wait for sony to make an update available ?

Thanks Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

There aren't any flash updates planned as Flash on CE devices has been largely cancelled by Adobe now. The Youtube app should list all of your content that Youtube have the big screen rights for, so unlikley that premium content is included in that. However there isn't a set limit of videos you can playback, so that might be down to the premium content restriction (which would be the same on any manufacturers device as thats the scope of Youtubes rights).

Hope this makes sense

thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

There aren't any flash updates planned as Flash on CE devices has been largely cancelled by Adobe now. The Youtube app should list all of your content that Youtube have the big screen rights for, so unlikley that premium content is included in that. However there isn't a set limit of videos you can playback, so that might be down to the premium content restriction (which would be the same on any manufacturers device as thats the scope of Youtubes rights).

Hope this makes sense

thanks

JiffyUK
Visitor

Thanks for that , answers alot now can stop wastin my time with the streaming side of it any way and just plug laptop into the speaker..

Thanks again

Wayne