Join now - be part of our community!

Strange Blu-Ray operation

profile.country.en_GB.title
Nath150
Visitor

Strange Blu-Ray operation

Got a BDP-S380 Blu ray player and it does some strange things.

1. Frequently it displays "LOCKED" on the screen even though it has not been child locked. Turn it off then back on, and then is ok and will eject. It has twice displayed "TLK ON" and then been ok.

2. If it is not in quick start mode it will only start with "SEE YOU" flashing on the screen no matter what you do to it. Unplugging from mains or holding the power button until it resets doesn't make any difference. It will play DVDs ok but it will only play them in the 1080i/60Hz resolution and even if the resolution has been changed. The progress slider bar is not displayed either.

3. It will start playing discs on it's own. I have noticed this on a few occasions and it also flashes "SEE YOU" message while this happens. It starts even when the TV is not switched on.

4. If I put my TV in standby and then later go to turn it on, it will not turn on until the HDMI cable is removed form the Blu ray player. (My TV is a Sony Bravia 32V4000).

It works better in quick start mode but its getting annoying now. It also has the latest firmware and is only 9 months old.

Anyone got any ideas or had similar?

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried running a factory reset on it? 'LOCKED' can be the store lock mode as well which is designed for retailers to allow them to leave a disc in there without it being removed. I would hpe a factory reset flushes this setting, but feedback if you still have issues.

thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi,

personally with that many issues i would return it to the store you purchased from, demonstrate the problem with them if nessessary and ask for a replacement as its still under 12 months old.