Join now - be part of our community!

Deleting carrier boot animations

SOLVED
phantom2000
Visitor

Deleting carrier boot animations

I have Sony Xperia U. When I boot the phone, the SONY boot animation comes in and after that, a boot animation from the carrier comes in. I want to keep the SONY animation and remove the carrier animation. And also when I turn off the phone it comes in again. I want to remove all the startup and shut down animations from the carrier and only keep the animations from SONY. How can I go about this? My phone is rooted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Yes it will, it will delete those "Network/Carrier" preloaded apps and any network/carrier boot animations

Don't forget to give Kudos (Click on the half star + )

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

There are ways to do this but its a lot easier to flash the global generic firmware

How to manually update, downgrade, root 2012 Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/41609

phantom2000
Visitor

I do not want to upgrade the phone to ICS. It's on 2.3. Would you be able to tell me how to do it without flashing?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Check the above link on the downgrade section it will have 2.3 firmwares 

phantom2000
Visitor

If I flash the phone using this, Xperia U_ST25_6.0.B.3.184_Global_Generic will that do the trick?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Yes it will, it will delete those "Network/Carrier" preloaded apps and any network/carrier boot animations

phantom2000
Visitor

Nice. Thanks. I'll try that an let you know you guys.

phantom2000
Visitor

I was wondering, this is the official operating system from Sony right?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Yes its official firmware, there are myriad variants of each update for specific countries, regions, carriers/networks

ClaudioV4
Visitor

Hi, could u please help me with this same problem? I have a different Sony but same problem, I want to delete those carrier's animations. The fact though is that I'm not rooted, so I might use adb instead.

Thanks