Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S Battery Drain

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia S Battery Drain

I know we're dealing with Android OS here, which isnt the greatest when it comes to battery life but even after setting all connections to manual sync the battery drops rather quickly. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue. Lets see if we can get a Bug Fix out of this. 

124 REPLIES 124
profile.country.GB.title
Sees01
Explorer

If the game is a battery - is the problem, why Sony can not test this and officially declare who is facing this problem even apply to the service center. In turn, service centers will just unscrew the unit and pull the battery. It is another FAIL, and as always, by kicking, and the manufacturer does not want to admit it.

Not applicable

my battery has been totally drained since I installed 4.0.4 the power saver is eating battery rather than saving it.... i have nothing installed on my phone  now and its still going down  at around 1% every few minutes..... sony fix this problem

Not applicable

I had an issue with battery drain sometime ago. Upon further research, i got 'betterbatterystats' application and checked for apps that stayed awake a longg time in the background or which kept the cpu awake while the phone was idle.Then proceeded to remove them(including system apps) with 'Root Uninstaller' and prevented apps from starting on boot-up using 'AutoRun Manager'. Idle battery drain is now on 4% with Data On or 2% without. Battery lasts up to 1.5 days with moderate usage (2 hour movie viewing per day and 1 hour talk-time).

kathir
Visitor

I disabled contacts and installed exdialer.Stopped all system apps that I didn't needed,ran greenpower power saver app only when WIFI was on and my phone lasted for a day with 2 hours of music, 1 hour gaming , 2 hour surfing(WIFI off all other time).

But problem that I'm facing now is I'm not able to add any new contacts Crying_Face and I don't see a way to enable the stock contacts app back.Is there a way to enable the contacts/stock dialer without rooting my phone.

kathir
Visitor

Has anyone got a suggestion for the issue I mentioned in my post (July 20, 2:46 PM,comment#215). My phone's battery life is better now but I'm not able to add new contacts anymore 😞

clinta12
Visitor

my display(screen) is consuming lot of battery even when i have set the phones brightness to low. Because of this i am losing too much battery.Screenshot_2012-07-24-18-26-35.png

is this normal?

Not applicable

Try this, i wrote the conclusion, maybe can help you..

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/46150

clinta12
Visitor

i will give it a try. thanks for the reply

Not applicable

Hello Sony:

Im a new user of the android system, im getting used to it, and im having a LOT of troubles with my Xperia S. I think the phone is amazin, nice screen size, for me its running very smooth, and im overall happy with it. But, but, but.. the battery life is a pain in the @ss... im uploading here a screenshot of the battery drain over a normal workday, and kindly ask from you to tell me if this is normal or as is the case in many of the users in this forum, something is going wrong with my battery.

As i am not able to remove the battery and replace it with a new one, please give me an answer of how can i improve this poor performance.

With regards,

Mescreenshot_2012-07-23_2249.png

hardikms
Visitor

hi Credendo.

I tried using GSam Battery Monitor and below is screen shots from it.

46% of my battery is consumed by App Usage out of which 37% is Android System.

Also find the screen shots of processes under android system.

Have you find any of the processes misbehaving in your case?

Have you uninstalled/disabled any of this process?

Screenshot_2012-07-26-10-44-19.png

Screenshot_2012-07-26-10-44-24.png

Screenshot_2012-07-26-10-44-31.png