Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer Not Working on Sony Bravia KDL32CX523BU

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Jeremy68
Explorer

BBC iPlayer Not Working on Sony Bravia KDL32CX523BU

Hi,

I've had a Sony Bravia KDL32CX523BU for two years, and it has worked well, until a couple of days ago, when the BBC iPlayer stopped working. When I click on the iPlayer app, I just see a spinning circle in the top right of the screen, and the iPlayer never loads. I can't even press any key on the remote control to return to the previous page, as the remote doesn't respond, and the only way to get the TV working again is to switch it off and on again at the mains.

All the other apps - YouTube, Demand 5, etc. - work fine.

Anyone else having this problem, or know a solution?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Before hitting the panic button (yet), the BBC iPlayer Online is having issues:

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/connected/iPlayer_19072014

I know that this it the web-based version, but it might have stemmed further (who knows)

Cheers

cthecliffs

Hi its on our Smart tv with BBC inlayer built in on the Interactive button. I have looked on my MAC and BBC web site state they have problems but think it goes back to mid June.

We wish we hadn't bought this TV for 3 reasons - never been able to co-ordinate Skype to work with our Account, BBC iplayer regularly going off and very little 3 D coverage.

Waste of money!! and our daughters older Bravia is also a clearer picture than ours and don't understand this.

To contact Sony is such a convoluted process and not even our TV causing the problem.

Regards Carolyn Cliff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What model TV do you have? 

Cheers

cthecliffs

Hi

we have model HX 92 46

Regards Carolyn Cliff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The BBC have updated its website to the following:

BBC July 2014.jpg

Now, if it still not working, try the following

1. Unplug the TV from the powerpoint, completely
  2. Reboot your ISPs Router
  3. Once rebooted, Plug your TV back in and switch it on
  4. Goto Network and Refresh Internet Content.
  5. Test iPlayer again.

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
StudioTW

I am having this problem too on a brand new & up to date KD-55XD9305 (June 2018) - the BBC iPlayer app will open & show available content but when I select something to watch it simply goes to a spinnig wheel before I recieve a 02110 error code.

I have tried resetting to factory settings, resetting my router & changing my IP address from DHCP to static (which results in my internet connecting disappearing on the TV entirely).

Does anyone have any other solutions to this problem? Seems entirely unacceptable that Sony are aware of these major problems with their 'smart' TV's but have done nothing to address them.