Join now - be part of our community!

KD43XG7003 - Couple of queries re angle and screen settings

profile.country.GB.title
mzs1974
New

KD43XG7003 - Couple of queries re angle and screen settings

Hi

Just purchased this TV.

Notice after assembly and adding the legs, the tv slants back the way slightly. I’ve now read that this is by Sony design (not mentioned anywhere on the BT shop site I bought it from). The angle is supposedly meant to provide the best view if the tv is placed at a low level. Which is absolutely useless if the unit your tv sits on isn’t particularly low!

Does anyone know if the legs are adaptable to adjust the screen to upright? Surely!

- In the settings menu, the "screen" options are all greyed out, but not sure if this is by design or there's an issue? At the moment I am only watching via in built  web options (eg Netflix, iplayer etc) and Now TV stick/Blu Ray player (both via HDMI). I still need to install an aerial cable and connect to get Freeview.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It could be slightely backword not that much. This is meant to increase stability not for any other purpose. My A1 is 6 degrees backword for better vision and design... But you should not change anything, if you want you can put something on the back of the pedestal to adjust at your own choice but at your risk.

Regarding screen format change, it cannot be adjusted on any app, when you will connect the aerial you will be able to but you should not need it

profile.country.GB.title
mzs1974
New

Thanks for the reply. As you say not a huge angle and obv not a huge issue but just found it a little unusual! 🙂