Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 40WD653BU Screen Has Hung, No Sound, No response using remote control

Sony Bravia 40WD653BU Screen Has Hung, No Sound, No response using remote control

I have a fairly new Sony 40" tv, as detailed above.  When I switched it on yesterday  television is stuick on Freeview channel 5, has no sound, and displays a couple of information banners.  The television responds to know remote control commands, I've tried unplugging the power for hours, no difference.  I lleft it on all night, still the same.

The manual for the television is really poor, little information about anuthing.  I've searched the for information about resetting this tv.  The only info that I could find from Sony, suggests something regarding, holding the cursor UP button on th eun-responsive remote, then pressing the power button on the television.  Considering that this TV appears to have NO physical buttons at all, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do this?

This is obviously some kind of Software problem, I was seeing if there is a simple solution before returning the television.  I'm secretly hoping that there is not, as the backlight bleed on this tv, in two corners of the screen, is the worst I have ever encountered on any LCD/LED screened device.

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Considering its a couple of days since your post - are you still requiring assistance or have you found a way to get the TV to work again

Cheers