Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-XG7005: recorded movie is sometimes pixelated.

profile.country.GB.title
Liber81
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-XG7005: recorded movie is sometimes pixelated.

Dear All,

could you help me to solve following issue, please ?

When I pause live TV and then rewind to an earlier point, picture is randomly pixelated.

I have tried a few external USB 2.0 harddrives, USB 3.0 flash drive without any improvement.

(The TV has only USB 2.0 ports.)

In my point of view, there is no problem in transfer speed of my harddrives / flashdisks --> what could I do ?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The recording is done by transferring directly the stream from the antenna to the drive without any intervention apart from encrypting, so the quality should be exactly the one you get when looking at it live... are you sure you don't have any problem with the antenna?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @rooobb,

I had a similar issue with my Sky+ box a few years ago. The movie watched live hadn't any issues, but the recording had artifacts if signal quality was bad (due to heavy rain/snow).

I assume @Liber81 too has bad signal reception from time to time which causes corrupted parts in the recording.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Liber81
Explorer

Thank you for your quick reply but there is no issue related to my antenna --> I use cable TV provider and my old Philips TV 42PFL4007H/12 had no problems with recordings. 

profile.country.GB.title
Liber81
Explorer

Thank you for your opinion but TV shows me, that signal strength is 100% and its quality is around 83%. Both % are in green numbers.