Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-32U2000 'Programmes are not stored'

profile.country.GB.title
MickRogSnr
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-32U2000 'Programmes are not stored'

Working perfectly this morning, on returning from work a black screen with this message. 

Menu works, set to auto tune, finds over 400 services, flickers then the message reappears.

Anyone any idea what has caused this please? Not had a problem with telly before.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Mick,

Could you please try performing a factory reset and then rescanning once that's done? Please let us know if this works.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
MickRogSnr
Explorer

Crikey, how do i do that?

profile.country.GB.title
MickRogSnr
Explorer

I've googled how to do it but none of them have worked :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again Mick,

You can find detailed instructions on how to perform a factory reset here: http://bit.ly/2AWPLmT.

Please let us know if you have any further difficulties, and we'll do our best to advise.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
MickRogSnr
Explorer

Thank you Owen_G but I have already tried that and it didn't work.

I've e mailed Sony am waiting for their responce 

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Mick,

Ok - please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with from here.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
MickRogSnr
Explorer

OK thank you I will. Sony have replied and I've sent them the information they asked for so I'm waiting their reply

profile.country.GB.title
MickRogSnr
Explorer

Well I tried the factory reset on page 18 alledgedly of this manual https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/res/manuals/2682/26823314M.pdf

and the only factory reset on this page is in PC mode. None of the titles appear (ie phase or pitch) and I've retuned and lost all the programs again!

I've also tried the 'First Time Operation' option and that didn't work either, left me with no programs also.

Currently manually tuning them in again.

Fed up doesn't come close at the moment.:rage:

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Dangerous2A
Explorer

I know this is an old post but I had the same issue with the same model recently. It is on the edge of 4 transmitters: Belmont, Emley Moor, Sutton Coldfield  and Waltham. Re tuning found 404 services but none were stored. Manual tuning was working, but with the plethora of stations now that is hard work. Certainly some were weak from Sutton Coldfield but still found and contributed to the total. After a factory reset the same situation applied.

I could find no other solutions on the net but then had a thought. To reduce the weaker signals I fitted a 12dB attenuator into the antenna lead, and re-tuned. The attenuator reduces the whole signal to about 1/4 of the original.

Tuning now gave 255 services and hey presto they were stored in the right order and channel positions.

It seems to suggest that the memory is insufficient to save more than a certain number of channels, as 390 + would not store from auto tune. No idea what the actual capacity is but that seemed to be the issue in this case.

Hope this helps someone else.