Join now - be part of our community!

sony kd 49XE7005 HDR issue

profile.country.RO.title
vldpopi
Explorer

sony kd 49XE7005 HDR issue

Hi, 

does anybody know how to disable: 

• 5.1 mode for good when playing netflix? actually it does from the netflix menu but next time when playing an movie with 5.1 content it’s switching back automatically 

• and more annoying how can i disable HDR scene mode when playing netflix/prime (internet mode scene) ?  how  possible sony came out with an tv like this where HDR is the weak point for this model (with no local dimming - image being so wash out)  and cannot be possible disabling this?  btw, i had opt for the medium plan on netflix in order only to restrict HDR content ( but now i have an 4k tv model playing only HD - cos from too bad things i had to choose the lesser one ) 

so hope someone from sony maybe came with an answer about  how can i manage this hdr stuff pls..  i can believe that could be an reason for the marketing strategy only (and seems being an big fail if does..)  .. in fact it’s an easy switch on/off for HDR mode .. If there’s an workaround for this - or maybe an hope for an software update? otherwise the image quality on 4k ( no HDR ) is amazing. 

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.RO.title
vldpopi
Explorer

hi. yes. i had the last vers. v8.764