Join now - be part of our community!

A Couple of Questions about Vaio SA

profile.country.en_GB.title
User136
New

A Couple of Questions about Vaio SA

Hello all,
           I am awaiting delivery of my SA (8 GB RAM, 7200 RPM HDD, Win7 Pro). I have been reading a lot of stuff on the issue of the machine getting really hot whilst in normal use and insanely loud noise of the cooling fan.

Can anyone who is using the SA in UK/Europe please give me some feedback? Is it a universal issue or limited to a small number of machines?

I have always have Vaios and on my last one, the HDD failed after 8 months and after a row, I managed to get a full refund (plus court fees) at the court doorstep, I have also recently found out that last year Sony recalled thousands of Vaios due to malfunctioning heat sensor so I am a bit concerned as I do need the laptop for work.

Thank you in advance for your feedback (positive or otherwise)

Message was edited by: User136

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
ripat86
Visitor

I've had 2 of these Vaios and they make loads of noise. It's normal for these Vaios so don't freak out if you hear it. Keep away if your the sort of person who hate fan noise and how warm the chasis becomes.

However, I did have the SB series for a while and I found it wasn't as loud but still as warm. But not sure if this is true for everyone else.

I've also read in many reviews that Sony's Z series is the same so it seems a lot of their notebooks currently do this normally.