Join now - be part of our community!

AR71M XP downgrade nearly complete - Just 1 problem regarding Memory Stick and SD/MMC

stephenmcavoy
Visitor

AR71M XP downgrade nearly complete - Just 1 problem regarding Memory Stick and SD/MMC

I've successfully downgraded a friends AR71M back to XP and have managed to get everything working again (thanks to peoples hard work here) except the 'Memory Stick(E:)' and the 'SD / MMC(F:)'. I know how they should appear in 'My Computer' as I've already managed to downgrade my own FZ21S back to XP.

The only yellow question mark that appears in Device Manager now is 'Audio Device on High Definition Audio bus' so I get the feeling that the drivers are installed but the devices are not showing up in 'My Computer'. Perhaps I am using the incorrect drivers???:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/7gsx07ww.exe

I'm really stumped over this and I can't even seem to find anyone posting with the same problem. Am I missing something simple here??? Please help!!!

Cheers,
Steve

3 REPLIES 3
stephenmcavoy
Visitor

anyone???? this is driving me nuts!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Steve,

Do you have sound with XP?

Have you installed the Memory Card Driver and also the Memory Stick Icon - I attach them for XP.

:thinking:

stephenmcavoy
Visitor

Thanks for getting back,

yeah, i have sound via the Sigmatel driver although device manager shows a yellow question mark under 'Other Devices' for 'Audio Device on High Definition Bus'. I don't know why this is but audio is working as far as I can tell.

I tried the drivers but again no luck. They look to be the same as the FZ29 ones I tried. Maybe I'm doing something wrong????

For '9 Memory Card ReaderWriter' I right click the 'ti21sony' setup info file and select 'install'.
For '10 Memory stick Icon' I double click the 'setup' file and then 'merge' the 'snymsico' registration entries.

When I do this nothing appears in 'My Computer'. I guess I could try uninstalling the drivers and starting from fresh but I'm not sure what to uninstall in device manager. Is it the device under 'PCMCIA adapters'???? Other than that I'm completly stumpted.
Hope you can help!