Join now - be part of our community!

Blu Ray playback stopped working - please help !

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
RPhobos
Visitor

Blu Ray playback stopped working - please help !

Hi,

I have a Vaio VPCF11Z1E which has the latest updates for the system, and firware running on the read/writer drive.
The drive is a Matshita BD-MLT UJ240AS.
Earlier in the year it was working with Cyberlink DVD player (10) without any problems, as the bundled version of WinDVD wasn't working correctly any more. But now it's refusing to play any BluRay's and I cannot use WinDVD as I uninstalled it.
I'm unsure as to whether it's a fault of the drive or software, as I've tried out trial software from several companies and none of them play back at all.

I can still record and copy files from the disc's so it's specifically a playback issue here.

Thanks for any help with this.

Message was edited by: RPhobos

Message was edited by: RPhobos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi RPhobos,

Have you checked if there is an update for your Cyberllink DVD because occasionally the AACS key requires an update due to content protection, this could expalin why you are no longer able to watch Blu Ray..

I'm not sure if trial versions allow you to play BD content..:smileyconfused:

Unfortunately if you want to install the Sony supplied WIn DVD you'll need to do a full system recovery as this software is not available as a download..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RPhobos
Visitor

I take it nobody else is having this annoying issue ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi RPhobos,

Have you checked if there is an update for your Cyberllink DVD because occasionally the AACS key requires an update due to content protection, this could expalin why you are no longer able to watch Blu Ray..

I'm not sure if trial versions allow you to play BD content..:smileyconfused:

Unfortunately if you want to install the Sony supplied WIn DVD you'll need to do a full system recovery as this software is not available as a download..

RPhobos
Visitor

Hi,

I definitely don't want to use winDVD, and there is 0 chance of doing a system restore, that is completely unprofessional of sony (not yourself) to even suggest or expect that of its customers.

There has to be a solution to this, at worst I imagine a new blu ray drive in there.
This is precisely why for the last 15 years I haven't bought a branded computer with all of their software installed on it, it's utterly crippling for the end user, albeit convinient initially.

Guess it's over to cyberlink to see what they suggest.

Regards to a trial:

Limitations

• 30 day working trial.
  • Does not support the playback of CPRM protected content.
  • Does not support the playback of DTCP-IP protected content.

Cheers for chipping in.
R

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Just had a quick look on the Cyberlink site and it seems there a number of updates available for Power DVD 10, not sure on which flavour you have..

Here is a link - Update Software

RPhobos
Visitor

Before I go there asking for help, I'm trying to get assistance elsewhere to find out if it's nvidia, software playback, driver or firmware related.
Will report back in once this is solved.

RPhobos
Visitor

Right - think I've sorted it !

Turned out to just be the nvidia drivers after all of that. So if you're having this problem, uninstall all of the nvidia drivers, reboot as directed.

The I reinstalled the latest driver (again - v280.26), and if you notice when you click install I think it gives you two options, express or advanced install, if you go into advanced you can 'clean' install your drivers. That is what I did to ensure there wasn't any left overs.

So, it seems it's working now :slight_smile: