Join now - be part of our community!

can i speed up my gaming?

boselecta
Visitor

can i speed up my gaming?

i have a sony vaio pcg-k415b i have got gta san andreas and it runs a bit slow, i also have vice city and it runs great how can i speed up san andreas plz.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

reduce the game details

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

You also can take a guide at Microsoft Home Page.

boselecta
Visitor

i have tried changing all the game settings is there anything i can do to my vaio to improve gaming speed

TygerTyger
Visitor

You can disable as many background tasks as possible (and with it check startup items), if you computer uses shared RAM then be sure to have allocated the maximum amount to the graphics card in the BIOS. Defragmentation would almost certainly help (Perfect Disk 7 is a good choice, a 30 day trial is free).

TheCrow
Visitor

i have a sony vaio pcg-k415b i have got gta san andreas and it runs a bit slow, i also have vice city and it runs great how can i speed up san andreas plz.

I recomended ... install new windows and dont install anything on it ... just Windows with DirectX 9.0c
or
kill some program from start up before u want play game
and u can configure game on the game option !
:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Not much you can really do, apart from what TT said, the only hardware you can really boost is RAM, the graphics can't be changed.

feederfan
Visitor

Theres not much point boosting RAM, the K-Series video chip isnt really very good, I struggle to run NFS Underground on mine successfully. Laptops arent really meant for gaming though, and all new games require hi-spec graphics boards, which laptops dont have because they consume too much power!

tonybeard
Explorer

Try ripping your game and play it from your hard drive. Make an .iso or blindwrite or nero or alcohol file and mount the CD 1 game disk in Alcohol 120%. Start Alcohol and open for example your San Andreas .iso you made with WinISO, Go to the virtual drive settings and make a new drive say G drive. Mount your opened .iso file on G drive and drive bash and plunder you way through the US. You may need to download the patch called Securom 1.4 so it will run off your hard drive. Point taken notebooks can't cope so don't try to overclock or you will fry it.

kee-lo_

I agree with FF, looking at the specs, there's not much you can do.