Join now - be part of our community!

Cant get the wireless LAN to work. please help! newbie

sharpshot23
Visitor

Cant get the wireless LAN to work. please help! newbie

Hi,

Im a newbie in this forum, and i thought that this would be the best place to ask about my laptop. IVe got a Sony FE VGN 21H and Ihave just discovered the wireless LAN starter and switch (i do normally read the manual :smileygrin: ) Anyway at the moment I am connecting to our "air station" with a router attached to my laptop. ( i think thats the right way round) And basicallz I want to connect to our wireless network without the cables of this router, and I have set up a wireless network, by doing all the network connection -> properties-> add-> SSID, WEP etc

But my question is that I cant seem to connect to our "internet network" at home. Im not sure how to get my laptop to recognise out internet and connect to it throught the wireless LAN.

We have a Netgear DG834 and Im completely confused as to how i can get internet on my laptop without the stupid wires and router behind it.

Please can somebody help me :slight_smile:

Any help is appreciated

Warm Regards

Simon

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

The Netgear DG834 is a wireless ADSL Router. You can store your ISP information (Internet Service Provider) on the Router. That is your number and the password you've got from your ISP.

*please read your Routers manual*

Then you have Internet if you just connect your VAIO with your Router. (WLan, Lan or USB)

If you want to use WLan I highly recommend WPA. WEP ins't secure enough.