Join now - be part of our community!

CPU Temperature Problem on GRV616S

dimitridb
Visitor

CPU Temperature Problem on GRV616S

I have some problem with a Worm Temperature on My GRV6161S.
When i run more application the temperature of my notebook go warm and after 10 minutes the Notebook stops without message in 1 sec.
I think that is a profile setup problem or bios problem.

Have Someone a solution ?

[url=mailto:dimitri.dellobuono@europrogetti.org]

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi diditridb, and welcome to the forum.

First download
Mobile Meter and check the temperature of the CPU.
If excessive temperature is causing the shutdown then you need to clean the cooling fan vents, either with a hoover or compressed air.
I take it that you can hear the cooling fan running?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
dimitridb
Visitor

Thank you.
I have used the meter sw and the temperature mormanly is 60° when the pc don't run any program but if i run some application go until 85° the cpu and 55 the HD (now is 87°).
I have read that the critical temperature (to shutdown immediately) is the same of the passive cooling temperature ( to change the frequency of the cpu). I think that thisi is incorrenct.
I want change the passive colling setup but i don't know the way.
Have you something to me ?

Thank's

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

These are very high temperatures! Have you tried cleaning the cooling fan vents as a build up of dust is invariably the cause?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
dimitridb
Visitor

These are very high temperatures! Have you tried cleaning the cooling fan vents as a build up of dust is invariably the cause?

I have moved tha pc from the table ( on a base to fun under the notebook ).
Now the temperature is 65.
I want clean the fun under the pc but i haven't a instructions to open the pc on the user manual.

May i change the setup for passive cooling temp ( the OS will adjust the processor speed to reduce heat generation) to 75-80° (now is 90° the same of critical temperature and the system shutdown before to change the speed).

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I would not recommend opening your notebook unless you really do know what you are doing. You can clean the vents without opening. You should be able to identify the vents on the side, back or both. Use either compressed air blown into these vents or a hoover to extract the dust.

To alter the processor speed, set your CPU to adaptive in your AC profile ¿ assuming that your system supports this. Right click on the battery icon in the system tray, and select Edit/Create profiles.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would clean these fans as a matter of urgancy, you might damage the computer leaving it running at this tempreture