Join now - be part of our community!

Display driver not responding

profile.country.en_GB.title
Leilah89
Visitor

Display driver not responding

I have a Vaio VPCCW1Z4E, which I have owned since new for approximately 20 months and I have recently started having some problems with it when using the internet. The web browser freezes and the screen goes completely black for a few seconds followed by a message appearing in the corner of the screen stating:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 259.57 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

The laptop functions as normal after this and apart from this problem appears to be functioning normally with no other ovious problems. I have tried reinstalling the display driver software, which worked for a few weeks and then having the laptop reset to its original factory settings which also failed to fix the problem. Any advice on what could be causing this and/or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This does seem to be a common issue.

I believe other users with the same problem have uninstalled this driver version and reinstalled the previous, original nVidia driver Ver 186.47 from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCCW1Z4E

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Leilah89
Visitor

Thankyou for your reply. I'll try what you suggested and see what happens. :slight_smile: