Join now - be part of our community!

DW-D56A DVD-RW Drive Problem

Griffith
Visitor

DW-D56A DVD-RW Drive Problem

Hello, I own a Vaio FS115z with a DW-D56A DVD drive. It worked perfectly, until I decided to use the flash update tool Sony had for download and now I can't burn DVDs without closing them, in other words, DVDs end up useless after being burned once.

The current version is PFS2-6, is there any way to revert it back, a tool or something?

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL really? Thats really stupid of Sony

You're best calling them then.
The numbers are on VAIO-Link

Griffith
Visitor

Now if only they'd answer the phone..

Eugenepang
Visitor

hmm bad idea to update the dvd driver.. if you had read the posting here earlier you will save alot of trouble, seems like there is some problems with the latest driver.. so if it aint broken, dont fix it.. i would suggest next time, try to read or post some question about the latest question here first before installing any new driver...

Griffith
Visitor

hmm bad idea to update the dvd driver.. if you had read the posting here earlier you will save alot of trouble, seems like there is some problems with the latest driver.. so if it aint broken, dont fix it.. i would suggest next time, try to read or post some question about the latest question here first before installing any new driver...

You're absolutely right, but since the driver truly is faulty then Sony should just release a program to flash it back to the old version or an updated one like every other company does.

binru
Visitor

Why my DVD-RW DRIVE automaticlly upgrade the DVD-RW? I am sure that I have not upgraded by myself. At this moment, there are some problems, why there is no new firewall release?

kee-lo_

Griffith : I totally agree

Eugenepang
Visitor

Why my DVD-RW DRIVE automaticlly upgrade the DVD-RW? I am sure that I have not upgraded by myself. At this moment, there are some problems, why there is no new firewall release?

Are you using Vaio Update?.. coz i am using vaio update to update my vaioware.. but you can choose which to update and which not to.. then it will download and auto install..

Griffith
Visitor

Vaio update isn't working on my laptop. I'm not using the default system configuration, but I don't think that should ever be an issue.

kee-lo_

Never worked for me either.

Jenda64
Explorer

Hello,
     I have long been a problem opening and closing the DVD drive. It's getting worse and worse. I need pomooc. Is it possible to update the drivers or firmware upgrades? If so, a reference to that software, thank you.