Join now - be part of our community!

How to enable keyboard - Sony Vaio

ali_lum
New

How to enable keyboard - Sony Vaio

I made the mistake of cleaning my keyboard yesterday whilst my laptop was on. I must have pressed something which has disabled my keyboard. Can someone help me get it back on?

None of the keys work.

In device manager, keyboard is "working properly" and I have tried to check for driver updates.

Thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
ali_lum
New

I am really hoping someone can help, as I have now been without a keyboard for several days.

I do not have a USB keyboard I can try.

Using the assist button to access the BIOS, the keyboard didnt work here, which is worrying.

I have tried disabling sticky keys in the Ease of Access settings.

I have tried uninstalling the keyboard from the Device Manager. Both the 'HID keyboard device' and the 'PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-key). Both automatically reinstalled upon reboot.

As I said in my OP, no keys work. This includes the caps lock indicator light. I hear no sound upon pressing any keys.

Can someone help me to identify if I busted my keyboard during cleaning (which I would struggle to believe, as it was just a damp cloth) or to help me 'unlock' it. My gut instinct is that I pressed a combination of keys when cleaning that has triggered a setting or locked the keyboard.

Thank you