Join now - be part of our community!

Input one time password

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
wk-ist
Visitor

Input one time password

Hi there,

After completing a re-build of our Sony Vaio laptop, I removed the power on password from the startup.

But after a re-boot, it was still prompting me for a password. I tried inputting the previous password but to no avail and it is now asking for a "Input One Time Password"

The laptop is currently out of the one year Sony Warranty and I have contacted a few Sony Centres who have all advised me to contact Sony Online.

Any ideas on what my next step should be??!

Kind Reagrds

Warren Kelly

IStructE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

It is indeed the BIOS password that is causing the problems.

In that case follow the advice above and contact vaio supprt for a BIOS unlock code for your Vaio..

I will try and contact Sony via the link you sent, but last time I looked my model number didnt seem to be listed: PCG-6S3M 

the PCG-6S3M is not your VAIO's model number that is the chassis number..

If  you are not sure which VAIO model you own, possible a VGN-SZ series,   either login on the Vaio support site using option 1 using your Vaio's  serial number..

The serial number can be found on the underside of your Vaio..

Or

Your actual VAIO model should be shown on the lower right hand corner of your screen's surround..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Warren,

welcome to Club VAIO Questions & Answers Discussions forum..:smileyhappy:

Are you referring to a BIOS password.:smileyconfused:

If so then you will need to contact Vaio support, who should be able to issue you with a unique BIOS unlock code for your Vaio

You can find the contact details for aio support by either clicking Support at the top of this page or by using the following link:Vaio support

Under  Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model  Category   -  Select your model from the drop down list..

Then next to Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch..

profile.country.en_GB.title
wk-ist
Visitor

Thanks for that!

I will try and contact Sony via the link you sent, but last time I looked my model number didnt seem to be listed: PCG-6S3M :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

In that case follow the advice above and contact vaio supprt for a BIOS unlock code for your Vaio..

I will try and contact Sony via the link you sent, but last time I looked my model number didnt seem to be listed: PCG-6S3M 

the PCG-6S3M is not your VAIO's model number that is the chassis number..

If  you are not sure which VAIO model you own, possible a VGN-SZ series,   either login on the Vaio support site using option 1 using your Vaio's  serial number..

The serial number can be found on the underside of your Vaio..

Or

Your actual VAIO model should be shown on the lower right hand corner of your screen's surround..

mike14
New

i have a lap top that i have repair and it keeps asking for a one time password in the bios. How do i reset or remove this?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mike14,

As per above – you will need to contact Sony Support to obtain a one time password.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
schieng
New

i have a laptop i need help unlock bois password