Join now - be part of our community!

InterVideo WinDVD BD for vaio - crashes when i try to close it (help requested)

rajivbhalla
Visitor

InterVideo WinDVD BD for vaio - crashes when i try to close it (help requested)

I seem to be having problems with InterVideo WinDVD BD for vaio. I can open it up and watch my DVDs - however, when i try to close it seems to hang up and not respond and not close down properly.

I have InterVideo WinDVD BD for vaio - the software that came pre-loaded with my laptop.

When i try to close down it has the following message:

WinDVD MFC application not working.

It was functioning ok the firstcouple of times - but now fails to close properly everytime.

Any ideas how i can fix this problem simply.

Thanks

RB

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Hi rajivbhalla,

Have you the latest version for the windvd bd?

rajivbhalla
Visitor

Hi

i have the version of windvd that came pre-installed on my laptop - i cant seem to find a version nomber on it - i asume its the standard / basic one - i have only had my laptop (an FZ21M) for less than 2 weeks.

V57...
Contributor

Hi rajivbhalla,

Try to update your Vaio with Vaio Update...or from here...
http://support.vaio.eu/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=-1&s=-1&m=2805&os=7&osl=1

profile.country.de_DE.title
jebiona
Visitor

I have the same problem and my Viao is only 2 months old. We try this link and tell you more.

Jean-Pierre

V57...
Contributor

Good luck, Jean Pierre...

rajivbhalla
Visitor

Hi

This patch fails - claiming it is not compatible with my version of WinDVD BD - my version is the free one that arrives pre-loaded with the laptop when i purchased it

Do you know of any other fixes ? I dont have access to the origonal software - since my laptop had it pre-loaded from sony ??

any ideas - i have tried the esupport aswell without any success as yet ?

thanks

rajiv :slight_frown:

V57...
Contributor

Hi rajivbhalla

The InterVideo WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425 is not a patch, but a update...

I think the only solution is...recovering your Vaio...

PALISADES76
Visitor

I have a similar problem. The 1st disc I played was the free Spiderman 3 disc, that played ok, and when I played it again all i got was MFC application has stopped working and the drive wont play it!!!

I have gone to the support thing and downloaded the updates for winDVD BD for sony and it says its not compatible!

Yesterday I reloaded the C drive, spending all day reloading most of the <profanity removed by moderator> back onto the laptop, everything up and running this morning and still I get the same error message:

MFC application not working.

I sent an email to support yesterday and they haven't replied, lazy bastards.

I think SONY knows this happens to their laptops ( mine is FZ21Z), they must have put a bug in it for some kind of finanacial gain.

Im going to make a nasty phone call !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lutzky
Visitor

My VAIO don't want to play even SPIDERMAN 3 disc....