Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard trouble with Vaio Notebook

profile.country.en_GB.title
Katedawson
Visitor

Keyboard trouble with Vaio Notebook

Hey everyone,

This is regarding my Sony Vaio Notebook Model PCG-4T1M (VPCW11S1E) which runs on Windows XP.

This problem occured completely out of the blue 2 nights ago. It had been fine all that day. But that night it decided not to work. It would type french/unicode letters and not all the buttons would work. If I click on the internet and then click enter to go on it, usually it would load but somtimes it would come up with the properties. Also if I right clicked on my mouse the options would come up and then disappear before I had a chance to click on them. These problem aren't constant but when they do happen they do so for awhile.

I thought at first it could be spyware but I have done a full scan and nothing was found. Now I'm thinking my keyboard needs a good clean or worse a new a keyboard 😐

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so what caused it & fixed it? Does anybody know how to remove a keyboard from my model to clean it because I haven't got the foggiest! My last and final question is if I do need a new keyboard how much is it likely to cost and where is the best place to go. I couldn't do it myself I'd be terrified I break it lol!

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Message was edited by: Katedawson

Message was edited by: Katedawson

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This video shows you how to remove the keyboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFHw5JEOilw

However, I do not think the keyboard can be cleaned as it is a sealed unit.  I would check that all the ribbon connectors attaching the keyboard to the Vaio are attached properly and have not come loose.

If these are OK, you may need a new keyboard and I would have a word with one of Sony's Service Partners about the way forward.  Are you in the UK?  Is yes, you can see the full list of Service Partners here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCW11S1E_W

Good Luck.

:thinking: