Join now - be part of our community!

Looking for a replacement fan Sony Vaio VGN-CS21S

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
mryb79
Visitor

Looking for a replacement fan Sony Vaio VGN-CS21S

Hi Sony.

I am looking for a replacement fan for my girlfriend's Sony Vaio VGN-CS21S as it's been making churning noises for the past two years.

She's been too lazy using other computers in the meanwhile, and I finally have some time over to fix it.

Does Sony sell replacement parts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mryb79,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

There  have been quite a few posts on the forum regarding the fan  noise on  some CS series Vaio's and Sony also released a statement  regarding the  CS series fans. See below...

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-613080-1728/450-147/Fan+statement.jpg

Therefore I suggest you contact Sony Vaio support you can do this either by   clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: enter your VAIO serial number

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch..

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Sony doesn’t supply only parts but there is the possibility that one of their service partners may be able to help.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-C2S_P

Otherwise try the following link:

http://www.batterymall.co.uk/sony-vgn-cs21sv-fan-p-184594.html

You may possibly find that the existing fan just needs a thorough clean so I suggest that you check this out before parting with your money.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mryb79,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

There  have been quite a few posts on the forum regarding the fan  noise on  some CS series Vaio's and Sony also released a statement  regarding the  CS series fans. See below...

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-613080-1728/450-147/Fan+statement.jpg

Therefore I suggest you contact Sony Vaio support you can do this either by   clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: enter your VAIO serial number

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch..

mryb79
Visitor

Thanks Rich912. I'll look into it.

mryb79
Visitor

Thanks for the tip Thalamus.

By the way... That there replacement for free. Is that the one where they come get your computer, erase the s*** out of it and ship it back after two weeks with a new part?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

By the way... That there replacement for free. Is that the one where  they come get your computer, erase the s*** out of it and ship it back  after two weeks with a new part?

It states in the statement above...

Sony will cover the cost of the repair during the first four years following the date of purchase of the model in question..

As to the turn around it's normally arond about five days..

As to your S*** I can't see why anyone would want to touch it..:smileyconfused:

mryb79
Visitor

I know Thalamus. But someone told me once that Sony erased the whole thing no matter what when it's a hardware issue. I was wondering if the technicians still do that.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I know Thalamus. But someone told me once that Sony erased the whole 
thing no matter what when it's a hardware issue. I was wondering if the 
technicians still do that.

It may be worth mentioning that when you contact Vaio support..

However to be on the safe side it may be worth backing up important data before sending..:smileywink:

mryb79
Visitor

Well my gf can't find her receipt so it's up to me now. Upon taking the thing apart I realized the sound was indeed coming from the fan going plastic-on-plastic. Sony must have gotten the raw end of the deal when the factory decided to put that particular fan in. :dizzy:

Oh well. We live to fight another day. At least we got three other computers to use for the time being.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Well my gf can't find her receipt so it's up to me now.

If your gf registered her Vaio then she may still be able to get a repair, have you tried contacting vaio support..:smileyconfused: