Join now - be part of our community!

New laptop with Motion eye (cam) trouble aaarrrrgggh!!! Please help!

LisaLouise
Visitor

New laptop with Motion eye (cam) trouble aaarrrrgggh!!! Please help!

I have a sony vaio VGN-CS11S laptop with an integrated webcam (called a motion eye).
However, none of the programs that use a webcam (skype, msn, yahoo etc) recognise its exsistance. They show that it is in use by another program (which it is not - as far as I am aware! even when it's not even up and running!!)
Having looked at the driver it says that the cam is working correctly, and I have restarted the laptop, but all to no avail.

Any help for me out there please?? :slight_frown:

1 REPLY 1
hugpache
New

I have a sony vaio VGN-CS11S laptop with an integrated webcam (called a motion eye).
However, none of the programs that use a webcam (skype, msn, yahoo etc) recognise its exsistance. They show that it is in use by another program (which it is not - as far as I am aware! even when it's not even up and running!!)
Having looked at the driver it says that the cam is working correctly, and I have restarted the laptop, but all to no avail.

Any help for me out there please?? :slight_frown:

hello Lisa,

If you press the "Capture" button on your laptop it should launch the ArcSoft webcam companion, is the webcam working in that program?

good luck