Join now - be part of our community!

NVidia 8400 GPU Failure (FZ18E)

staby123
Visitor

NVidia 8400 GPU Failure (FZ18E)

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me on the above Problemo...

I have my 18E for over a year, and it served me well.

Recently I have being noticing that it has been getting very hot, and more so in Vista, as I have a Tri-Boot, Ubuntu, Vista, XP Barebones for Music/DJing...

There this morning, in Vista, a pop up occoured very quickly on the Taskbar, stating that the GPU failed, I didn't quiet get all the message, though it just went dead shortly afterwards and upon boot up from the moment VAIO appears on POST, the screen is full off Horizontal and vertical lines and whatever OS I boot into, nothing appears after the OS's splash screen.

I opened up the lappy, and the fan was full off dust, between the fan and sink there was a block off dust, obviously this has caused the problem.

I know opening it up is voiding warranty and all that, and it is out anyway and I am an IT student and have opened up machines countless times.

So, is this Box, useless at the moment, I say this as obviously I will have to get a new MOBO.

Has this occoured to anyone else here and if so, what is the most economical way in getting it back.

Sorry for the long post, and many thanks in advance....

Regards..

James..

0 REPLIES 0