Join now - be part of our community!

problem with my VAIO AR21M

rajaulfat
Visitor

problem with my VAIO AR21M

hi,

i'm facing this problem with my newly bought sony vaio ar21m laptop. I installed few applications i.e. my mobile phone software, digital camera application and visual basic on this laptop. these all were installed on my previous laptop from same cds as well so i can't doubt my cds!.

well the problem started when i inserted a dreamweaver cd and the laptop showed the blue fatal error screen, you know the one with all blue background and white text all over. system then re started and when approached the desktop again, it did the same thing i.e. blue screen appeared. and this continued which means i could'nt use it.

Took the laptop to store from where i bought it and they replaced it immediately. Now the same thing has started to happen again and i have no idea why this is happening.

I have tried installing windows from my own windows xp cd (not the recovey disc), and it gives me message that there is no hard drive installed on the system!!!!!

can someone please help me with this because i'm sick and tired of this blue screen and can't use my new machine!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rajaulfat,

Welcome to Club Vaio. :slight_smile:

Are you able to start your Vaio in safe mode, press F8 repeatedly when starting your Vaio..?

Once in safe mode uninstall the Dreamweaver application and restart your Vaio as normall..

rajaulfat
Visitor

hi thalamus, thanks for replying to my message.

well, i have apparently solved the problem, but i did not uninstall anything, thanks for your tip anyway. here's how i did it just so that if anyone is having same problem they might find it useful.

i had to recover the system but using the recovery disc which i created early on. once the window was recovered along with factory installed applications, i changed settings from my computer option not to automatically restart when blue screen appears and also i increased the size of the 'paging file'. i.e. the size of virtual memory. i found this out from microsoft website where they have mentioned the whole procedure, just search for BSOD (blue screen of death) and read on!

so far my vaio is working perfectly and with every passing moment i'm loving it!!!

kkabakus
Visitor

hi,
I have some idea for yours problem; firstly
yours vaio has 2 ram total 1024mb you can try one by one. You can use 512mb ram.

secondly, Yours vaios hdd must be sata if you said no disk found when you installed windows. You can add sata disk to system. (press F6 when the start copying windows folder.)

Maybe you have got a hdd problem did you use windows98 or me you can do fdisk from system cd's win98 or me...

goodluck;)))

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

hi thalamus, thanks for replying to my message.

well, i have apparently solved the problem, but i did not uninstall anything, thanks for your tip anyway. here's how i did it just so that if anyone is having same problem they might find it useful.

i had to recover the system but using the recovery disc which i created early on. once the window was recovered along with factory installed applications, i changed settings from my computer option not to automatically restart when blue screen appears and also i increased the size of the 'paging file'. i.e. the size of virtual memory. i found this out from microsoft website where they have mentioned the whole procedure, just search for BSOD (blue screen of death) and read on!

so far my vaio is working perfectly and with every passing moment i'm loving it!!!

:cool: glad you've resolved your problem rajaulfat.. :slight_smile: