Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Drivers

profile.country.en_IE.title
johnkerryemigrants
Visitor

Sony Drivers

Hi all. I installed Win 7 over Vista on my VGN- AW11Z and now need to update my graphics driver which is available on the Nvidia site. I downloaded this driver and i can not get it to install because aparently Sony wants to get drivers from their site.I have their latest driver .What do I do.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi John,

To install drivers downloaded from nVidia you will need a modified .inf file (assuming that one is available). These can be obtained from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

Make sure to read the Quick Start Guide.

You of course go this route at your own risk.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_IE.title
johnkerryemigrants
Visitor

Thank you rich912. Have not done as you said yet but will.Used the link but recieved file with cab ext. Can not open. Will try again and let you know result.Thank you so much. Its nice to get definifive ans,unlike Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi John,

I’m not sure why you are getting a cab file. If you download the nVidia driver from the site in my link it should be an EXE and the modified INF file should have the suffix .inf.

Did you click on the Driver tab at laptopvideo2go and then enter the hardware ID of the device? For example:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649&SUBSYS_9040104D

You can find this information by right clicking the display adaptor in device manager and selecting Properties. On the Details tab use the drop down menu to select hardware Ids.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat