Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio SVE1713Z1EB replacement battery BSP26 or BSP26A?

SOLVED
jamesdeadman
Explorer

Sony Vaio SVE1713Z1EB replacement battery BSP26 or BSP26A?

We have a Sony Vaio SVE1713Z1EB and need a replacement battery. The original battery is a VGP-BSP26A, but it seems online and local shops are offering the VGP-BPS26 (rather than BPS26A). 

Are they both compatible with our laptop please, and whats the difference?

I notice there is a slight difference in voltage and capacity. My local shop has ordered the VGP-BPSS6 for me but i'm concerned as its different from the original one.

Help please?

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@jamesdeadman,

under the display, on the right, what name is written? SVE171E13M is the chassis.

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I read again the discussion, if your VAIO is came with the BPS26A and this battery is present in EET EUROPART, where is the problem?

In the first post (my mistake) you have written: "The original battery is a VGP-BSP26A", and after "When we purchsed the Sony Vaio it came with the VGP-BPS26A" so... You can buy this battery VGP-BPS26A in EET EUROPARTS for you VAIO.

If the VAIO is SVE1713Z1EB the VGP-BPS26A is available, the same battery for SVE171E13M is declared compatible but is unvailable, the answer is simple, buy the available battery...

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
jamesdeadman
Explorer

Hi Manolo,

thanks again.

My local parts shop has already purchased the BPS26 battery for me (but I actually asked for the BPS26A) claiming it is the correct battery for my model. I wanted to confirm if it was officially compatible so that I could decide to accept it or to say no thanks. I needed to know for sure it's compatibility. (Aside, the battery on europarts website is very expensive compared to other places). I think it is sensible to request they exchange it for the BPS26A battery instead. 

I appreciate all your help , thank you.

Regards,

James

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

http://www.sonylaptopbattery.co.uk/sony-vaio-sve171e13m-battery.htm

At link: "10.8V and 11.1V are compatible, they are in common use."

Manolo

jamesdeadman
Explorer

Hi Manolo, and all,

Just to finish off this thread, i had a response from Sony support on this.

They confirm that there are only two compatible batteries for our Sony Vaio:

VGP-BPS26A

VGP-BPL26

And so the VGP-BPS26 is not seen as compatible or recommended by Sony support.

Regards
James

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

:question:

I accept the Sony support response but I still think that the BPS26 goes well, maybe they responded that way because of the problems encountered ...

https://community.sony.it/t5/pcs-accessories/sony-vaio-sve1713z1eb-replacement-battery-bsp26-or-bsp2...

Anyway...

Manolo

jamesdeadman
Explorer

Yes I have a feeling you are correct. I will remain with the BPS26A just in case 

Thanks for all your help!

James

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

:wink:

Manolo