Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VGN-A497 XP FROM GREECE

FANI-BIO
Visitor

SONY VAIO VGN-A497 XP FROM GREECE

Hello everyone! I have bought this laptop about 3.5 years ago. Suddenly, it has broken down. It doesn't work 😞 Propably it is a motherboard problem, because I can only switch it on, the disc sounds like it works but I can only see a black screen with the light of the disc ON all the time.. Unfortunately there is NO VAIO SERVICE in Greece. I am about to send it to Belgium or Germany service. But I want to know if the service there is trustworthy. I called them yesterday, they told me that everything can be fixed, as long as I can afford it. Have you ever been in my position? Is it safe to send it-by plane? Are there still accesories for this model(battery etc.)? Will I get it back healthy again? I know that I am asking silly things but technicians here just told me to get another laptop and throw this away..BUT I CAN NOT BE APART FROM MY BABY! Please help me! Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
FANI-BIO
Visitor

Anyone? Can I save the data? No back-up :cry: We tried to read the disc as an external to a tower pc, the pc found that there is a disc, but when we tried to read it, the pc switched off...

hugpache
New

Anyone? Can I save the data? No back-up  :cry: We tried to read the disc as an external to a tower pc, the pc found that there is a disc, but when we tried to read it, the pc switched off...

well if it's the motherboard it will probably be to expensive and you would be better off buying a new laptop 😞