Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio 13 Pro powers on with blank screen and nothing more.

danielholm
Explorer

Vaio 13 Pro powers on with blank screen and nothing more.

Hi all,

I bough my Sony Vaio 13 Pro SVP1321M2E a little more than two years ago and it's been running great - until the fan started to make an incredible amount of noise. I replaced the fan myself and after that it started, at times, to power on but with a completely blank screen. However after a few restarts the screen came on again and everything was fine. I use suspend quite a lot and because of that my computer is "on" for many weeks at a time, before restart (most likely due to a new Linux kernel being installed since I'm a Ubuntu user).

Earlier this week, much to my disappointment, I restarted my laptop and since then it was refused to power up the screen again. I disassembled it - everything looks as it should, smells as it should; I've replaced the thermo paste, even replaced the new fan with the old but no go.

The computer powers up, starts the fan, the keyboard backlight, power indication and all, but the screen is completely black. Blank. Nothing.

I consider it odd since the laptop haw been working great for months since I replaced the fan. I suspend it, use it, suspend it, use, many times every day without worry. Then the screen works. But now, nothing. I've tried with and without the battery, using AC only, nothing. Removing all kinds ov wires adn trying, nothing; then putting them back, nothing.

Maybe it is that some stage of the BIOS or POST doesn't "go live". Could it be the BIOS battery?

Connecting a external monitor using HDMI is no change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Daniel Holm, Sweden

2 REPLIES 2
otd1432
New

my vaio is doing the same, if i leave it on after about 10 mins it works.

i have tried everything but no joy as yet.

danielholm
Explorer

That's odd. Mine doesn't seem to wake up at all. But I could leave it for a while and see what happens. Today I put the motherboard in the oven for a "reflow"; though no change. See here: http://superuser.com/questions/1120300/sony-vaio-13-pro-blank-screen-on-power-on