Join now - be part of our community!

Video playing problems with Sony Vaio VPCEB2Z0E/BQ

profile.country.en_GB.title
Lloydteddy
Visitor

Video playing problems with Sony Vaio VPCEB2Z0E/BQ

I recently purchased a Sony Vaio VPCEB2Z0E/BQ laptop and almost straight away I noticed, after completing the set up, that there is a problem when I try to watch videos using via the internet.  When playing videos the image becomes temporarily distorted but then returns to normal, usually in less than a few seconds.  However this cycle repeats continuously while watching videos and it seems to occur more frequently when watching videos at higher definitions, but even at standard def the problem still occurs.

I have played videos which are saved on my hard drive and they run just fine with no interuptions to the picture and I have used the hard ware diagnostic tool built in to the Vaio Recovery centre software suite to check the graphics card and have found a fault as one of the tests part of the 'video' diagnostic test failed.  I also experience similar poor picture quality when watching DVDs on my laptop and have slightly different graphical bugs when playing games.  I have inserted some screen shots, below, to show what I mean when I say the picture is distorted.

I have the most up to date graphics drivers for my laptop and flash version to my knowledge, but I don't know what do to to rectify the problem, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW the screenshots of starcraft 2 are from a video, it is not me playing the game on my computer.

Pic 5.png

Pic 4.png

Pic 3.png

Pic 2.png

Picture 1.png

Message was edited by: Lloydteddy

14 REPLIES 14
iamole
Visitor

Hi Jodi,

I have the same problem - would you kindly email me the link please?

Thanks very much indeed.

ssanaz
Visitor

I have got the same problem since I bought it...

Omithilion
Visitor

Did anyone get that link, it looks like Jodi has deleted her profile!

I'm having the same problem, though my sound gets all messed up too! It sounds like robotic voices in slowmotion, it's very frustrating!

I hope anyone can supply the assistance needed!

On forehand thanks so much!

Maria x

Z_Noor
Explorer

Hi Jodi598! Basically im having the same problems you had with your Sony Vaio a while ago, im only just starting to have these problems with the videos not playing at all now a few years after buying this laptop, i was wondering if you could please forward the link via email to me on how to fix this problem. It would be GREAT if you did. Heres my email, **********************

Thank You

Email address removed for your safety. If you need to get in touch with them then go to their profile and click

'send this user a private message'. :slight_smile:

surivijayawada
Explorer

Hi,

Just Clarify which Quality Videos can fit for this LAPTOP

I Will played Normal Quality Videos,which are saved on my Hard Drive and  Videos play

Constantly(no error)

Only Problem is HD Videos

In this Laptop HD Videos Can't see Continue Videos,