Join now - be part of our community!

VISTA FRUSTRATION

nmancer
Visitor

VISTA FRUSTRATION

HI TO ALL

I VE JUST BOUGHT A VGN-N31Z VAIO

AS I VE BEEN READING IN THIS FORUM NO VAIO USER IS SATISFIED WITH VISTA OS, LIKEWISE I AM INTERESTED IN DOWNGRADING TO XP PRO. ARE THERE DRIVERS FOR MY VAIO????

I VE ALREADY REGISTERED IN THE CLUB VAIO WITHOUT ANY PROMBLEMS BUT REGISTERING MY LAPTOP IN THE E SUPPORT LINK IS IMPOSSIBLE. I KEEP GETTING A MESSAGE ABOUT MY LAPTOP SERIAL NUMBER. DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

I M OBLIGED TO SAY THAT MY 2 WEEKS EXPERIENCE WITH MY VAIO IS FRUSTRATING

REGARDING SONY I BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUGGESTING AN OS AND FORCING ONE UPON THE CUSTOMERS

1 REPLY 1
willyhoops
Visitor

Looking at the support site: http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN...
it has only windows vista drivers.

I doubt you are going to have much luck getting it to work with Xp unless you area real pro. I agree Vista is a bit horrible but eventually you learn to live with it. One or two features are even nice for laptops - but many more - compatibility, windows explorer are horrible. You can turn off the many security popups if you want. The real shame is that Sony have done such a terrible job of adding junk to the Vista install making the machine unstable.

Here is how bad... Right click on the start menu icon and choose customize. Then click the classic menu setting. Now try and drag and drop an item from one place to another. If you have account security on (which is default) it will crash. Just take it back to the shop and show them and ask for a refund. Easy way out for anyone who buys a sony laptop. It takes hours of work to get the machine in sensible condition (clean install).

The serial number issue you can call support about.

Good luck...