Join now - be part of our community!

XL Problem (Beeping?)

altshaimer
Visitor

XL Problem (Beeping?)

Hello All,

after having a power black out in my flat i tried to start my XL 202. At first it seemed to work and i reached the windows login. But then it just hang up (couldnt even get the mouse working) so i reseted it. Since then there is a beeping sound coming out of it while trying to boot and my TV Screen doesn't connect with the PC.
The only thing that happens is i'm hearing: Beep Beep Beep Beep ....

Maybe the connection with the black out is wrong - maybe not.

Any thoughts?

Thx Alex from Austria

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Alex and welcome to Club Vaio.

You can pinpoint what is causing the problem from the number of beeps!

Have a look at the table of Beep Codes here: -

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/phoenixbeep.htm

and match your beeps!!!!

I can't find one for your Beep,Beep,Beep,Beep.

:wink:

altshaimer
Visitor

Hello Blencogo

Didnt know there existed a beeping table. :smileygrin:

My Beep wouldnt match with any of the Phoenix Bios Beep Codes.

Its more like a never ending (repeating) beep without any differences in the beep's.

The Beep Beep goes on for ever. Always with a (rather short) pause in between.

jonboy9776
Visitor

Hi Alex

I had exactly the same with my Xl-301, I posted earlier which Blencogo kindly replied to.

Sony were supposed to come and collect as it was only 2 weeks old, but at present it's still sat in my stacking system.

However it has started working again, without any further complications, the only Thing that I did was place spacers between each item in the stacking system to try and cut down on temperature, the Sky HD & sony AV receiver really kicks out some serious heat.

Try that, alternatively try reseating your ram and graphics card as this may have spiked during your power on following the power cut.

Jon