Join now - be part of our community!

Cant connect to smartphone

profile.country.GB.title
alec99
New

Cant connect to smartphone

I've a new portable wi-fi loudspeaker that my computer can see (it's listed as a connected item) but I can't get a peep out of it, even the beeps that should be present during the initialisation /wi-fi connection process.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @alec99,

which speakers do you try to pair to which device - in the headline you mention a smartphone, yet in your post you suddenly talk about your computer.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
alec99
New

Yes, sorry about the smartphone reference, it was a leftover from the example given on the original Sony message box, it has nothing to do with myproblem This is that I can't get a newly-obtained Sony wireless speaker (Model SRS-XB01) to give out any sound at all. I bought it to take over from the inbuilt loudspeakers in my Samsung laptop when I'm using it to play music, because they don't have much volume output.

The Sony loudspeaker can be seen by the laptop (because it's listed as a connected wi-fi device), but there it ends, there is no "pairing" taking place and even the "beeps" that should accompany the pairing process are absent.

I'm beginning to conclude that my new wireless loudspeaker is defective and will have to be returned for exchange, but I was trying the community just to check if there wasn't a simple fix available that I didn't know but could learn about.

Alec