Join now - be part of our community!

Headphone Integration with PS5

profile.country.GB.title
Chris-Something
New

Headphone Integration with PS5

It's very surprising that Sony's best headphones, the XM4, do not work fully with the Playstation 5. Instead I have to buy an inferior, PS5 specific pair of Sony headphones which have a dongle that make them work with the playstation (voice, wireless). 

Why do your flagship, market leading headphones not integrate with your flagship console? You need to do a better job of crafting a product ecosystem. I request that when you update the XM4s you consider adding an optional dongle which will work with PS5. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

It's just not technically possible.  It's an old issue that was explained since PS3

But your dongle thingy is a good idea but in reality I highly doubt it will ever happen. Better to sell 2 products and potentially to the same person.. $$$

profile.country.GB.title
Chris-Something
New

Disappointing that Sony have released the XM5 without support for PS5. Seriously, these headphones cost the same as a PS5 and have incredible audio performance. Why can’t your product teams collaborate internally to release a dongle or something to make this work like it does for the pulse headset? Why don’t you understand that I want the premium audio and voice experience you offer on my console? Price a dongle at the equivalent to the Pulse headset if you are worried about sales… just do something!