Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones App for WF-1000XM3

profile.country.GB.title
DJ.Ricky
Explorer

Headphones App for WF-1000XM3

Hi I have just purchased the new WF-1000XM3. I have to say they are really good earphones amazing sound and Noise Cancellation functions! However I am just wondering if the Headphones App on Android, will be updated to include the Sound Effects functions which I think are on the over ear headphones? EG the Live Sound effects as if at the Gig, Night CLUB, Outdoor Arena etc?

Maybe it wouldn't suit inner earphones, but I really like that effect as it changes the sound of the sounds, give it whole different feel.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.

We'll see if we can find any information about this and update you as soon as we can.

Meanwhile, maybe some of our members will share their experiences using these headphones.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi DJ.Ricky,

I can check this for you. Do you mean the preset modes in the equalizer settings? 

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
DJ.Ricky
Explorer

Hi Ed,

OK thank you very much. I look forward to hearing more about this option.

Many thanks,

DJ Ricky

profile.country.GB.title
DJ.Ricky
Explorer

Hi Vanilla,

Thanks please do check :slight_smile:

Yes for example on the WH900.on.hear headphones, the Headphones App has a fuunction within the equaliser section, which allows you to add effects such as outdoor arena, club, concert hall etc etc. It's really good, as it brings a whole new sound to music you may have over played but still love - almost like a remastering. It would be amazing if this or a similar function was added to this App for the WF-1000XM3.

Many thanks,

DJ Ricky

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi DJ.Ricky,

So, just to confirm, these options are available with the WH900, but not with the new XM3, right? It'd be great if you could share with us here a picture of the equalizer settings for both models.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
DJ.Ricky
Explorer

Well they've added the option called 360 Reality, but unfortunately you have to sign up for an app that you have to sign up and pay for another App to enjoy this function. Sony, why have you did this when this function is included as part your headphones app with on ear headphones?? 😞