Join now - be part of our community!

New Walkman NW-A45 Owner

profile.country.GB.title
DoubleD55
Explorer

New Walkman NW-A45 Owner

Hi

I'm a proud new owner of the above - after months and months of problems with my ipod touch and itunes I finally decided to purchase a Walkman

I have noticed a couple of problems which may be me but I would appreciate advice

1) - there is a lot of artwork missing when I have transferred my music - do I have to add this manually or have I done something wrong

2) - before I transferred my music I set up a playlist on the Music Centre for PC software - when I transferred my music it appears that my playlist is not showing - display on Walkman reads ''No Playlists Available''

Again is it something that I have done wrong

Thanks in advance

Dale

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
databus

@DoubleD55 wrote:

Hi

I'm a proud new owner of the above - after months and months of problems with my ipod touch and itunes I finally decided to purchase a Walkman

I have noticed a couple of problems which may be me but I would appreciate advice

1) - there is a lot of artwork missing when I have transferred my music - do I have to add this manually or have I done something wrong

2) - before I transferred my music I set up a playlist on the Music Centre for PC software - when I transferred my music it appears that my playlist is not showing - display on Walkman reads ''No Playlists Available''

Again is it something that I have done wrong

Thanks in advance

Dale

I expect the method you used to transfer your music and the file format could have a bearing on the cover art. A recent post of mine may help with the cover art. It's titled, "Sony NW-A45, missing cover art solved,(For me). Use FLAC not WAV". Sorry I can't help with the playlists as I don't use them. I use the "Bookmark" option instesd.

profile.country.GB.title
DoubleD55
Explorer

Thanks for the advice - if I use FLAC would that mean I get less music on the SD card - sorry I'm a bit of a dinosaur

profile.country.GB.title
databus

@DoubleD55 wrote:

Thanks for the advice - if I use FLAC would that mean I get less music on the SD card - sorry I'm a bit of a dinosaur

Hi, sorry for delay getting back. I've ripped most of my CD collection using three file formats over the years. WAV, FLAC and MP3. WAV takes up the most space / MBs, then FLAC then MP3. Here's an example, for the same CD, WAV is 734 MB, FLAC is 426MB and MP3 is 166MB. WAV and FLAC are "Lossless" so you get playback of CD quality providing that, what you are playing it back with, is up to the job, the NWA45 is. MP3 format is "Lossy", this means it looses some of the clarity and doesn't sound as good. I use Sennheiser Momentum closed cup head phones. I'm guessing that if your using an SD card in your Walkman, space may not be an issue so, personally I'd use FLAC as the sound quality is excellent and there are no problems with cover art not transferring when using Sony Music Centre for PC. When I got my NWA45 recently to replace my NWZ-E585, I went to the trouble of importing my whole music collection again (Previously imported / ripped using Windows Media Player), using Music Centre for PC and transferred it to my Walkman. Music Centre / Gracenote didn't find the cover art for some of my CDs but I have a work round to sort that out. I hope this is of help to you, post again if you need any more help.

profile.country.GB.title
DoubleD55
Explorer

Hi My sd card is a 128gB and I have roughly 7000 tracks downloaded but adding all the time - I think they are AAC format - would they fit on the memory card if I went to FLAC Thanks Dale
profile.country.GB.title
databus

Hi, no that many tracks would be something in the order of 165GB using FLAC depending on length and complexity of each track.

profile.country.GB.title
DoubleD55
Explorer

Hi Thanks for all your advice - I'll have to get a bigger sd card and try what you suggested Thanks again Dale