Join now - be part of our community!

NW A25 Walkman not detecting any Bluetooth device

JoDee16
New

NW A25 Walkman not detecting any Bluetooth device

Hello, I just purchased the NW A25 Walkman and since getting out of the box last week I haven't been able to pair it to any Bluetooth device. I've managed to send a file from a laptop to the device but not the other way around nor will it connect to Bluetooth speakers. I cannot figure out what the problem is at all.

Any help is appreciated

many thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi JoDee16,

welcome to the Sony Use Community Forum..

Does anything in the following guide help??

Pairing and connecting with a Bluetooth audio device..

JoDee16
New

Unfortunately not no as I've done everything that the guide says.

Today I managed to pair it to my work laptop once but not since and still can't find other bluetooth items.

Any other help??

Thanks

Hi, Im having the same problem.... i cant get my NW A25 walkman to detect bluetooth from other devises. Other devies can see it but it wont let them connect.

JoDee16
New

I'm posting in the hope that I can help others experiencing this issue - since getting the MP3 player I've come to realise through trying to pair it with various Bluetooth speakers etc that it will only pair with newer Bluetooth items. If your speakers etc are older than 2015 or so it's not going to pair. I tried to review the product with this info on Sony but they wouldn't approve the review - probably because I didn't big then up entirely.  I love my Walkman it's just annoying that I need to buy all new equipment to use it!

Marconi555
Explorer

Not at all. Really disappointed with this device. Tried from two separate mobiles one apple one android. Does not see them. 

Considering returning and switch to another brand.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

may I ask why would you transfer file through bluetooth, it's awfully slow 😕