Join now - be part of our community!

Nw-a45 cannot create playlists using mac...

profile.country.GB.title
vickyrebel
Explorer

Nw-a45 cannot create playlists using mac...

Hi

I love everything about my new sony walkman except I cannot get playlists to work... I have watched 5-6 videos about how to create and transfer them to the walkman but nothing is working. I know how to drag/drop etc but my walkman is not finding the playlist folders I create. I have tried simply pasting songs into the playlist folder, creating another folder inside the playlist folder for the songs, but nothing is coming up when i un-plug my walkman. 

Can anyone help?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
vickyrebel
Explorer

Thank you so much, it worked! 
I just created a file on my desktop, deleted everything else off the player and dragged + dropped - I now have the PERFECT gym playlist :slight_smile: 
profile.country.GB.title
vickyrebel
Explorer

Hi

This worked perfectly, thanks so much! 

All the best

Vicky 

andymunro73
Explorer

Hi there,
I downloaded the Content Transfer software so now I can make my playlists in i-tunes then drag and drop them across. It's still a bit fiddly to add or delete tracks at a later date. Surely a "create playlist" button/function on the device itself would be a simple enough addition? As a work around I find that dragging across a couple of new 'empty' playlists from itunes is a good work around. These can be used to make a playlist when you're not connected to your Mac and itunes & Content Transfer. NB - The 'empty' playlist must contain at least one song (which you can delete later on the Device) before Content Transfer will allow you to transfer. 
All in all a little disappointing that I (and other users) have had to trawl these sites for workarounds but thanks for posting. Andy