Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WH-1000xm2 not turning on

profile.country.RO.title
MrZupp
Explorer

Sony WH-1000xm2 not turning on

Hello, I've recently bought a pair of Sony WH-1000XM2 and after a few weeks they just won't turn on anymore. When I plug them into my pc, the led turns red and they still work via the aux cable. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.RO.title
MrZupp
Explorer

UPDATE: I let them charge for a few hours, the led turned off, and when I tried to turn them on, the lights on the nc/ambient and the power button went on for a split second, and then they also turned off. This also happends if I let the headset untouched for a few minutes and try again. Can anyone tell me what the issue may be?  

profile.country.GB.title
beastobadness

Have you tried resetting them...

http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh1000xm2/v1/en/contents/TP0001513197.html

Sometimes this can fix a multitude.

profile.country.RO.title
MrZupp
Explorer

Yes, it didn't do a thing.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

It might be best to get in touch with the support team for further assistance here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
StormtrooperRun
New

Aaargh, I have the same problem. I bought these to accompany me whilst away with work for 6 months. 4 months in and they've given up. Working fine yesterday then abruptly stopped. I assumed battery so plugged in and saw the red light. I then tried to turn on, nothing. I then tried the 'reboot', that didn't work. I then did the full factory reset. That worked for a bit. I was able to reconnect to my laptop but then after 2 minutes it dropped out again (switched off). Now nothing happens. I can't even reset the set. My only issue is i'm in the middle east and can't get to any shops etc. and sending them back will be tricky. Oh dear. Apart from that i love them! I was only 'bigging them up' about an hour before i first had problems.