Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WH1000MX2 - hear a bell sounding notification?

rlskis
New

Sony WH1000MX2 - hear a bell sounding notification?

Hi All, 

I recently bought the WH-1000MX2 noise cancelling headphones.  I noticed when I first turn the headphone on, and start listening to music, anywhere from 1 min to 4 mins, I hear a bell sounding noise. I think it must be a notification but when I look at my phone, there are no messages or notifications at all.  The bell sounding noise only happens once and then I don't hear it at all.  If I turn it off, and turn it back on, again, I heard the bell sounding noise once again, after couple of mins, and then all good.  Anyone knows what this sound is?

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi and welcome to the community.
It may be worth checking through the guide here to see if there's any information about this.
Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
EdwinaU

I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. I'm listening to music over bluetooth and I hear a notification bell and the music volume temporarily lowers but there is no notification event on my phone (Google Pixel 2 XL). It happens about once every hour or two.

TA-N77ES
New

The headset has a function that changes the sound from NC to ambient depending on if you are moving around or what kind of environment you are in - it has a bell sound. Maybe that is what you experience? It made me very confused until I realized that this feature exists. You can switch the whole function off in the mobile app but you cannot switch off only the bell sound notification. So that's an improvement idea for Sony.

pezalkane
New

I can confirm that when the phone app automatically switches mode it makes the bell noise, so that's the cause for sure.

I don't think I'd ever want to turn it off though, it's useful to know it's switched modes.

Personally, I found that feature unreliable and have had to keep it off.

Not happy. Please provide a solution otherwise will return product and go Bose

Regards

Avid Sony purchaser

profile.country.GB.title
Maxxue
Explorer

Hey, 

To disable the weird bell noise (that happens every time the headphone is switching from a Ambient Sound Mode to another (staying, walking, running and transport)), you need to open the Sony Headphones app on iPhone / Android and scroll all the way down to Notification & Voice Guide and turn that off. However, this also disables the voice percentage level indicator and custom button (voice) sounds on the headset. If you want to turn it off completely, disable Adaptive Sound Control at the top. Hope this helps for people searching for a solution!

Max

Tags (1)

You can just turn off the notification & voice guidance in the headphone app  

That also disables Google Assistant and Alexa, please separate this in a future update.

Ijiraq
New

Absolutely rubbish. Between headphones (that are supposed to deliver superior sound quality but beep and dim volume constantly and loose features if you try to disable it, to denial by design of service through the most painful login/sign in process known to man,Sony is pure trash. Our PS4 is unusable half or more of the time, headphones are useless as well. Hopefully the message hits home and hits their pockets. It took me 20 minutes of denial by design process and filling in and and zebra pictures, ant pictures, verification emails, and forced account upgrades, password changes, and reselection over and over of user agreements (which I have already breached in slander here) to even be able to write this...which will probably be filtered out. The app for headphones crashes constantly on OnePlus 7 Pro too, I might add. Shove your products up your... I will never buy Sony again.