Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000 XM3

NS..23
New

WH-1000 XM3

I recently bought these headphones, generally the sound quality is amazing, they are very comfortable to wear and the noise cancellation and other features are great. The issue I have is the sound leakage from the headphones. When in bed, my Wife says she can here the music quite clearly, I have to turn them down to a level that makes listening a lot less enjoyable. Is there anyway to reduce the sound leakage. Many Thanks.  

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @NS..23,

if the cup sits over your ear and you have no hairs in between the cushion and the skin, it is as good as it gets. :confused:

Sadly only reducing the volume will lessen the sound leakage. The headphones are designed to shield you off the outside world (and in my opinion they do a good job with that), yet they only shield the outside world from your music to a certain extend.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Fjtom77
Explorer

Your listening volume taste might just be too high. At 50% volume I dont have any leakage as reported by other persons. Anything around 80% volume then you can start hearing leakage.. at 80% volume the sound in my opinion is way to loud but that can vary from person to person.