Join now - be part of our community!

WH1000XM3 | Connect to 2 devices simultaneously + headphones app for desktop

seanitzel
New

WH1000XM3 | Connect to 2 devices simultaneously + headphones app for desktop

Hi, 

I received the headphones and after searching online i found that connecting to 2 devices at the same time is not possible. 

I SERIOUSLY don't understand how that is possible for such an expensive set of headphones, espacially after my cheaper plantronics pair was able to do that flawlessly.

Another thing that shocked me, is that the headphones app is only available for mobile? WHAT?

The headphones are widely used on desktop devices, and i dont see how releasing a similar app for desktops is not a high priority for development on your side.(The plantronics pair had that one too, in case you wondered)

I myself am a developer and there exists multiple cross platform solutions for this kind of things.

I am SO dissapointed and definitely not going to recommend them as they are now. 

These things literally prevent me from getting all the things i can and should get from my headphones, and i havent even thoiught about checking these things before purchasing as I couldn't imagine such basic things will be missing.

- Sean

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Sean, 

Welcome to the Community. 

This sounds frustrating - try giving Sony Support a call to see what they suggest.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @seanitzel,

have you tried the solution which was dicussed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sony/comments/bze0b9/found_100_reproduceable_way_to_enable_multipoint/

Also maybe @Sonyvores can give a valuable suggestion.

- Nic