which USB adapter shall I buy then...?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
loux84
Visitor

which USB adapter shall I buy then...?

hiyaaa:smileyhappy:

just me again guys...

:smileyblush:I feel soooo embarassed cos I should know what kind of USB my beloved S1 needs but I am useless I know.:smileydevil:

So could someone pls advise me n which one shall I buy.. I mean, there are loads on ebay like USB 2.0 all different types and shapes and male and female and gays... all together so I kind of got a bit concerned.:smileyconfused:

I saw loads of them for 99p (my favorite ones) but I dont want to risk. Otherwise, I will have a legion of USB adaptors indoors...:smileycry:

S.O.S !!!!

thank u so much for ur time

oh, u'd help if u can have a search on ebay as well and paste the link here so I can buy it straightway hehehehe (I'm not lazy, its just that I keep going on handbags stuff instead USB adaptors)...

xxxx

i've got: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-female-Micro-USB-B-male-Connector-Adapter-/400235590808?pt=LH_Defa...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hip_hop_rob
Explorer

Hi Loux84,

You need an OTG (On The Go) cable.  The others will not work.  One such cable is the Motorola Xoom Micro USB to USB female as shown by lisa of Mobiletechreview who shows in her youtube review  @9:05 this OTG cable fully functioning. I can't paste the link but look for Sony Tablet S Review on youtube by Mobile tech Review.  It's about 34 minutes long but from c 9:05 you'll see what I mean.  It's also the best review out there on the Tablet!

She has even got a logitec controller video using same cable to play crash Bandicoot-Check it out!

Search for motorola Xoom Adapter cable on ebay.  They go for c£10 incl postage.  The 99p ones referred to are  unlikely to deliver.

Message was edited by: hip_hop_rob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hip_hop_rob
Explorer

Hi Loux84,

You need an OTG (On The Go) cable.  The others will not work.  One such cable is the Motorola Xoom Micro USB to USB female as shown by lisa of Mobiletechreview who shows in her youtube review  @9:05 this OTG cable fully functioning. I can't paste the link but look for Sony Tablet S Review on youtube by Mobile tech Review.  It's about 34 minutes long but from c 9:05 you'll see what I mean.  It's also the best review out there on the Tablet!

She has even got a logitec controller video using same cable to play crash Bandicoot-Check it out!

Search for motorola Xoom Adapter cable on ebay.  They go for c£10 incl postage.  The 99p ones referred to are  unlikely to deliver.

loux84
Visitor

Hello!!!

thank u so much!! i watched this video b4, i should be clever to remember that motorola USB, :smileyblush:heheheh but I just sent an email to sony regarding SONY's USB adapter, cos in the USA people can buy it for $13:smileyshocked:, so, I believe its worth it a sony one. Unfortunately they dont display the price on the Uk website, but as soon as I find out, Im going to buy it:smileycool:. and, if that is more than a £10ner, I will buy that motorola one that u and lisa sugested.:smileywink:

I am sure u dont need one, but, if u want to check it out, just click here: http://www.sony.co.uk/product/sony-tablet-chargers/sgp-uc1

thank u so much for ur reply.

it was very kind of u!:smileylove:

hip_hop_rob
Explorer

Hi,

Received Motorola xoom adapter cable today. This is the micro USB to female USB that I have referred to previously.  It does the same as the Sony cable that Loux84 has given a link above and Hey Presto, It recognised my 8GB usb flash drive!  Played video without issues.

Unfortunately,when I tried to attach my 1TB Seagate drive that has its own power source, it didn't recognise any external drive being attached.

So the xoom motorola camera adapter works on flash drives but not on powere hungry external drives, it would appear?

Found it on ebay for £8.95 with free postage.  No need to wait for Sony to get its act together, this works!