Moh83
Visitor

How to get pin to start Android

1520867191234199724783.jpg

I need to solved  

13 REPLIES 13
charles56
Visitor

I had pattern lock with fingerprint but no pin in my xperia Xa1 plus. My phone ran out of charge adn got switched off once it started after charging it asks "Enter PIN to start Android". What should i do now?

Jonas
Master

Hi @charles56, that sounds very strange.

To unlock this you should be asked to use your normal screen lock, in your case your pattern lock. I just tried this in an Xperia XA1 Plus with the latest software so something must have gone terribly wrong.

What does it say if you type in a random 4 digit PIN code, for example 1111? Does it mention how many attempts you have left before the device is reset or does it say anything else?

Let me know what it says!

TheDudest
Visitor

You just assume it's stolen? I'm having the same issue...with a phone that I purchased for my son who apparently and unknowingly set up this option and has no idea what the pin is. He's been using the phone for 5-6 months and this is first time it's asked for pin to start Android and it's not the same as lock screen pin! So....there is just one example of how this could happen without stealing a phone, and there are easily dozens more. So, you yourself must be a dumb thief to instantly presume that anybody with this problem are dumb thieves....

Besides... Are you the cellular devise police or what? Who gives where or how someone gets a devise? Quit being an nerd and just answer her questions if you can.... And if you can't do it politely or professionally, leave it alone.

Jonas
Master

Hi @TheDudest, welcome to our forum!

I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office due to vacation.

I have answered the question in this thread and you can find the solution on the link below.

/t5/Xperia-XA1/How-to-get-pin-to-start-Android/m-p/1388046#M7037

I hope that you were able to get this fixed!