Join now - be part of our community!

LTE suddenly not working on T-Mobile

mrrhames
Visitor

LTE suddenly not working on T-Mobile

Okay, first thing I'm posting this same thing on T-Mobile as well to see if there is anything they come up with, and I've spoken to the TMobile tech department which they have gotten basically no where in resolving this.

I've had a brand new Sony Xperia XA2 (H3123) for over a year, working flawlessly on T-Mobile with LTE service showing all the time everywhere I go in Los Angeles areas or other areas as well.  Did my research on this phone prior to buying to ensure I was good to go on frequency's and bands with T-Mobile.

Android 9.0 says fully up to date.

Problem: starting Oct 5, 2019 my phone no longer can be connected to LTE and RECEIVE incoming calls or texts.  I CAN send texts, make out going calls, use the internet, email comes in and out, but NO incoming calls or texts happen.

*When I disable LTE, the phone reverts to H+ and all incoming calls and texts happen instantly no issues.

I really am not sure what could be the problem, besides T-Mobile changing something recently.  But maybe something with the phone needs to be done.

Any help would be truly appreciated in potentially fixing this back to being able to use LTE.

Things I have done:

Reset networks. Numerous time.

Restart phone. Numerous times.

Checked that the APN is: Fast.t-mobile.com

Checked barring is disabled.

Checked forwarding is disabled.

Sony Mobile Networks for Xperia XA2 H3123 phone state:

Primary 4G/5G networkLTE Cat13 700/850/1700/1900/2600 (Bands 2,4,5,7,12,13,17,28,29,66)
Primary data networkGPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+, LTE, LTE-A

T-Mobile network frequencies & technology (website) https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4988

1900 MHz2

4G LTE

4G

3G

2G

1700/2100 MHz

(AWS)

4G LTE

4G

3G

4G LTE

According to TMobile website the IEMI:

Xperia XA2
IMEI: ***************
  • Your phone doesn't support Extended Range LTE or Voice over LTE technology.
2 REPLIES 2
Carlin5
Visitor

Have you figured anything out? I also have this problem with a T-Mobile MVNO (Mint Mobile), but I think it has been going on longer than October of last year. Mint Mobile claims my issue is that the Xperia XA2 doesn't support T-Mobile's newest frequency: LTE 71. But that seems too shortsighted to me; how could a huge network like T-Mobile stop supporting basic services for the vast majority of their phones?

I'm shopping for a new phone now because I'm tired of getting voicemails for calls that never came through because I was connected to the wrong tower. My phone works terribly at home, but if I walk just a couple blocks away it works great.

Carlin5
Visitor

I have done a couple of things to my Xperia XA2 to improve my LTE connection, and I'm not sure what will help you the most.

Reset wireless settings

I did this sometime around September when I was unable to make calls or send texts, but was able to use mobile data:

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Go to System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
  3. Reset settings

Disable LTE Power Savings Feature

This feature was constantly causing my mobile connection to drop, resulting in my phone not being able to receive calls, texts. Sometimes I couldn't even make calls.

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Enable Developer mode
    1. Go to About phone
    2. Scroll down to the bottom
    3. Tap on Build number 10 times
    4. Go back to main settings menu
  3. Go to System > Advanced > Developer options
  4. Scroll about halfway down the menu until you find the Networking section
  5. Enable the Mobile data always active option.