Join now - be part of our community!

Problem bluetooth pairing

SOLVED
ThomasMicolon
Visitor

Problem bluetooth pairing

Hello,
I have since friday a new xperia XA1 smartphone. It work very fine, but when i tried to pairing my phone with my bluetooth system in my car, I directly a message in my car, connection failed. In my phone, i have not the time to enter pin code. Someone have a solution for this problem ?

Thanks in advance

60 REPLIES 60
Visitor

It may be a solution. Have you people turn on ur NFC on ur phone, and touch ur phone with the device u want to connect.. Try it once(only for Sony users) 

stcowli49
Explorer

Hi 

I have managed to solve this issue with pairing of bluetooth Audio dropping out 

from my xa ultra to my Infiniti 70.

The phone would connect then drop out during audio playback it was so annoying, i stream from spotify and Prime music, i thought the problem was the car, tried another phone from another manufacturer no problem no dropouts, this solution worked for me.

You need to enter Developer mode settings>system>about phone tap this 7 times you will have prompt you are now a developer. Go to previous screen>system>developer options

now scroll down to NETWORKING then a series of BLUETOOTH OPTIONS are available.

The one that needs to match the software installed in vehicle is Bluetooth AVRCP Version and the options are 1.4/1.5/1.6 NOW mine worked flawlessly switching from 1.5 to 1.6. Older vehicles require version 1.4 but i would suggest swapping between the Three to see which one works.

This worked for me INFINITI Q70>XA1 ULTRA>BLUETOOTH AVRCP VERSION SWITCHED FROM 1.5 TO 1.6.

If you are still having problrms i hope this helps.

barnowl
Visitor

well it didnt work for me....it connects and then almost immediately disconnects

Buckle1
Visitor

Trying to pair xperia with Ford Territory unsuccessfully. No recognition. HelpH 

Ann_Nonymous
Visitor

NONE OF THESE SUGGESTIONS WORK! This has rendered my new purchase extremely frustrating. My Wonderboom speaker - utterly brilliant - is not picked up. And there is no 'autoscan' to turn off. Either Bluetooth is on or it isn't on my phone. So p*ssed off. Ugh. Sony, get your sodding act together. 

Biggus_dickus
Visitor

Reboot your phone in safe mode and connect with your Bluetooth.  Reboot back to normal mode and you will stay connected. 

Dk134
Visitor

I solved this issue by trying the method mentioned above, but I didn't enter the safe mode or engineer mode,all you need is go to the google play store and install the "bluetooth auto connect" app,in the app,you should see an EVENT named "bluetooth on". Just cancel the checkbox. And make your speaker or device in the pairing mode, then turn on the phone bluetooth function again, now, you should see the bluetooth device pop up in the list of your phone , connect it,un-install the app you just download, things done.

Oddlyuk
Visitor

Got it sorted at last! Followed all suggestions on here and the combo that worked for me was firstly removing my phone from the car's list of devices, then as above following Developer route, changing the Bluetooth AVRCP from 1.5 to 1.6 plus rebooting the phone in safe mode. This method produced a check box to save contacts which I had not seen before. What a palaver!

D139
Visitor

FYI I have same problem with an XA2. It  initially pairs with the car OK, but doesn't connect automatically when I get in, without fiddling with the phone.

I turned off the bluetooth and wifi background scanning thing, but it didnt help.

My old Moto G4 Play had no problem with this (car is Peugeout 407sw).

Meatman
Visitor

I have attached my phone to my parrot Bluetooth and it's saying connection failed due to incorrect pln number. It doesn't give you time to put a pin code in the phone 

@ThomasMicolon wrote:

Hello,
I have since friday a new xperia XA1 smartphone. It work very fine, but when i tried to pairing my phone with my bluetooth system in my car, I directly a message in my car, connection failed. In my phone, i have not the time to enter pin code. Someone have a solution for this problem ?

Thanks in advance