Join now - be part of our community!

XA2 ULTRA new update

Cristianu
Visitor

XA2 ULTRA new update

After the new update , when the my phone is locked and I want to unlock it, I swipe up and instead to put the password goes through another screen with 2 icons (phone and camera) and level of the battery and after that goes to the normal lock screen.

How do I get rid of this??????!! Thanks! 

8 REPLIES 8
Jonas
Master

Hi @Cristianu, welcome to our forum!

That sounds very strange and Android Pie has not changed the behaviour for the lock screen at all, so it could very well be an application that has added some kind of extra lock screen on your device.

If you restart your device in safe mode, do you still get this extra lock screen? In safe mode all downloaded application will be temporarily disabled and we can easily see if this is caused by one of them! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know how it goes!

Cristianu
Visitor

Hey, 

I'm in safe mode now. And I don't have that extra screen lock anymore. But I got this extra screen after the new software update. So, I didn't install anything to get that screen lock, came after software update.

Thanks! 

Cristianu
Visitor

This is it!This is it!

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Cristianu!

That means that the extra lock screen is coming from a downloaded application as we do not include anything that will add an extra lock screen either as default or via an update and the icons on this lock screen does not like the default icons for camera/phone.

It may have been an update to one of your downloaded application at the same time as you installed the new update, so please have a look in your app menu and see if there is anything that looks suspicious. The most common apps that will do this is applications such as, flash lights, battery/performance improving applications and so forth.

You can also take a look in the Google Play store to see your latest updated application if you tap the three lines in the top right corner > My apps & games > Installed > tap the three lines that looks like steps > "Last updated".

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

Frenchie2019
Visitor

I have a question about the new update. The last time I did the update my phone started glitching, screens flickering and random calling people. It's the new update gonna make it worse? 

Jonas
Master

Hi @Frenchie2019, sorry to hear that.

Updates are supposed to make things better and not worse, that is the whole point of sending out an update.

In some cases something can have gone wrong in your device and you can always reinstall the latest available software by performing a software repair.

I have always done every system update that has been available for my device and since we have more than phone numbers in our devices today, making sure that the security is up to speed is very important.

KarenSmith
Visitor

@Jonas wrote:

Hi @My Wegmans Connect, sorry to hear that.

Updates are supposed to make things better and not worse, that is the whole point of sending out an update.

In some cases something can have gone wrong in your device and you can always reinstall the latest available software by performing a software repair.

I have always done every system update that has been available for my device and since we have more than phone numbers in our devices today, making sure that the security is up to speed is very important.

I got this extra screen after the new software update. So, I didn't install anything to get that screen lock, came after software update.

Jonas
Master

Hi @KarenSmith,

Can you please explain a bit more about the extra screen? I'm not quite that I understand exactly what you mean.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.