Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia F3116 is it for Europe ?? (4G issue)

Pandapaws
Visitor

Xperia F3116 is it for Europe ?? (4G issue)

Hi all,

I live in Italy, just bought an Xperia XA Dual F3116 from Amazon.it ,

Right out of the box the phone has abysmal 4G reception, always 0 or 1 bars at home(signal strenght at this moment: -119dBm 0asu).

Putting the SIM card in any other 4G phone the signal is good at around 2 or 3 bars at home ( -110dBm 22asu).

Once I even tried to call the Xperia while it had 0 bars, and the answer machine kicked-in! it was unable to even receive the calls.

If I set the Xperia to 3G (or 3G/2G), then it's ok at 2 or 3 bars, like the other phones.

I'm having the idea that maybe F3116 is American or Asian version, which doesnt support the LTE bands used in Europe ??

Looking at the specs at gsmarena.com it would seem to confirm my suspicion...

please help!! Folded_Hands

2 REPLIES 2
Pandapaws
Visitor

crop_Screenshot_20191214-023755.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-023717.jpg

Jonas
Master

Hi @Pandapaws, welcome to our forum!

The F3116 is mostly meant for the Asian market as all the customizations are for Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and so forth.

The support LTE bands on this specific model is: Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41M and you may want to double check with your operator and see what bands they support.

The 2G and 3G bands are the same across all versions of the device, so that would explain why it works fine when you use either of these network types.

I hope that helps and feel free to keep me posted!