Join now - be part of our community!

People syncing is driving me mad

SOLVED
shueardm
Visitor

People syncing is driving me mad

I am so frustrated. I have come from a Galaxy phone where all my Outlook contacts seemlesly synced across my phone and PC's Outlook Exchange.

Why is this so difficult on this phone. I just spent an hour adding photots to contacts only to hit sync and they all disappeared, synced with the PC photos .

I am starting to wonder if this phone doesnt really support Exchange account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shueardm
Visitor

I wanted to say I solved this. Although there is a whole lot of head shaking about how apps talk to each other on my end. 

The problem was I added an Outlook account instead of a Exchange account. Even though my Outlook account is an exchange account.... if you don't add an exchange account then things go bonkas with the contacts app not showing photos for example.

Then when you have the people mini app inside the Outlook app and things get reallt confusing.

Problem is there was no way to add an exchange account from the defualt accounts setting. I only stumbled accross it when I was inside the contacts app, then I had the opportunity to add a Microsoft Exchange account.

Maybe I am wrong and it was easy from the first moment, maybe it was easier but it was in my mind a mixture of uncertaintly and conflicting apps that made me scratch my head for so long

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
shueardm
Visitor

I wanted to say I solved this. Although there is a whole lot of head shaking about how apps talk to each other on my end. 

The problem was I added an Outlook account instead of a Exchange account. Even though my Outlook account is an exchange account.... if you don't add an exchange account then things go bonkas with the contacts app not showing photos for example.

Then when you have the people mini app inside the Outlook app and things get reallt confusing.

Problem is there was no way to add an exchange account from the defualt accounts setting. I only stumbled accross it when I was inside the contacts app, then I had the opportunity to add a Microsoft Exchange account.

Maybe I am wrong and it was easy from the first moment, maybe it was easier but it was in my mind a mixture of uncertaintly and conflicting apps that made me scratch my head for so long